Please note that the Conference is non-residential and delegates are kindly requested to make their own arrangements for accommodation. As Kraków is the top tourist destination in Poland, there is an overwhelming amount of accommodation options from 5 star hotels to dormitory hostels.
A list of nearby recommended hotels with Booking.com links is given below.
The most up to date information regarding Visa-free countries to visit Poland should consult directly with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Poland Website. Information can be found at: www.msz.gov.pl/en/travel_to_poland/entering_poland/visa_free/visa_free_countries
Polish VISA REQUIREMENTS for holders of ordinary passports usually have 90 days within the European Schengen Area. Information can be found at: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-countries-list/
Non Visa-free countries
Nationals from non visa-free countries should consult directly with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Poland Website. Information and requirements can be found at: http://www.msz.gov.pl/en/travel_to_poland/visa/
Delegates that require visa assistance can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "ICSHGE18 - VISA REQUIREMENTS" and we will do our best to assist you.
There are an abundant number of airline companies, including a number of low-cost carriers (e.g. Ryanair, easyJet, Wizzair), that cater to Kraków and Katowice (approximately 65km from Kraków).
- Further information from Wikipedia [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paul_II_International_Airport_Krak%C3%B3w%E2%80%93Balice]
- Trains and Buses leave the John Paul II International Airport Kraków and can reach the city centre in 20-30 minutes
- Further information from Wikipedia [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katowice_International_Airport]
- Shuttlebus services leave the International Katowice Airport – Pyrzowice directly to the city centre of Kraków and take approximately 60 minutes
Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW)
- Further information from Wikipedia [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Chopin_Airport]
- Guide to Warsaw Chopin Airport [http://www.warsaw-airport.com/]
- Frequent domestic flights connect with John Paul II International Airport Kraków
- Domestic bus services between Warsaw and Kraków are frequent and take about 4 hours [http://www.polskibus.com/en/index.htm]
Land and Public Transportation
Travel by car, bus or train within southern Poland includes modern transport and road infrastructure. Buses and trains are modern and inexpensive. Within Kraków, public transportation includes an ultra-modern tram system and buses to match, making up one of Europe's award-winning public urban transport infrastructure systems.